Sunday, May 13, 2018

where I'm from and what I'll miss



-spring on campus-




On Tuesday morning, I'm supposed to pack an inutterable number of suitcases into a compact and drive here. And I will be living here for the next four months as a community intern through a partnership between the University of Alberta and northern communities. My training has prepared me for meeting wonderful people, bears, medical emergencies and firearms. I will also be keeping a blog. My only experience with blogs is scrolling past strangers' anecdotes to get to a recipe.

I'm thirteen years an Edmontonian. I am going into my fourth year of nursing at the University of Alberta. These are things that have shaped how I view the world and also things I will miss:

- the huge Rutherford library
- my bike
- buying sunflowers from Zocalo
- my friend A. and his powder-blue car
- my mother's cooking
- my father's cooking
- the Edmonton Folk Music festival on Gallagher Hill
- my non-pant summer clothes

My whole life, I have been fascinated by the north. I'm going to try and watch and watch and watch and listen and listen and listen.


I'm excited!


See you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment